Sunday, June 28, 2009

Because I made her...


Have you ever really taken the time to look around when you are in public to see the people around you? I am often amazed at G-d's endless creativity in creating so many people who look so different.Sitting in a service this morning where my husband was the guest speaker, we watched a slideshow of women's faces as a woman sang a song entitled, "The Real Me." I was struck once again by G-d's creativity as seen in His creation. He made us women: He thinks women are beautiful, and they are... Let us be mindful to thank Him today for creating us, and let us strive to see ourselves as He sees us. Don't ask someone else to tell you how you look...ask your Creator. Surely He knows best.

The following was given to me by a dear friend a few years ago, and as I read it today, it really touched me. So much of it sounds like it was written for me. Maybe you can relate as well.

"Because I made her. She's different because she's unique. With love I formed her in her mother's womb. I fashioned her with great joy. I remember with great pleasure the day I created her. To me she's beautiful- I love her. I love her smile. I love her ways. I love hearing her laugh at the silly things she does. She is herself and no one else... this is how I made her. I made her pretty, but not beautiful, because I knew her heart, and she would have been vain. I wanted her to search out her heart, and learn that it would be her and Me that would draw friends near. I made her in such a way that she would need me. I made her a little more lonesome than she would like to be, only because I want her to turn to me in her loneliness. I made her a little more dependent than she would like to be, only because I want her to learn and be dependent on me. I know her heart. I know that if I had not made her like this she would go her chosen way, and forget about me... her Creator. I have given her so many good and happy things... because I love her. I have seen her broken heart, and the tears she has cried all alone. I have been with her and have had a broken heart too. Many times she has stumbled and fallen alone, only because she would not take My hand. So many lessons she has learned the hard way, because she has not listened to My voice. So many times I have sat back, and sadly watched her go her merry way alone, only to return to My arms, sad and broken. And now, she is mine again. I made her and I bought her. I paid a high price for her... because I love her. I have had to reshape and remold her to renew her to what I had planned for her to be. It has not been easy for her... or for Me. I want her to be conformed to My image. This high goal I have set for her because... I love her."

Ponder that carefully: He loves her! Do you love her today?

No comments:

Post a Comment